End of the Term Recap

I learned several things during my time in this class. I learned how to create and maintain a blog which I had never done. I learned a different way to embed hyperlinks. I was actually really excited to learn about the “Snipping Tool” which basically takes a screenshot. The snipping tool was something I didn’t know about; all I knew how to do was press the “Print Screen” button on my keyboard but with that I couldn’t select a specific part of the screen to take an image of.

I have taken a couple of WGSS courses before so nothing really surprised me but this course really helped me expand my knowledge about the gender bias of material objects. I enjoyed reading about how women are improving their presence in STEM fields and how the gender gap is closing (even though it’s slow). It gives me hope for the future.

I will not blog after this course. I enjoyed learning how to but discovered maintaining a blog doesn’t bring me pleasure. I will continue to use the snipping tool for screenshots for more than school. I will keep using spreadsheets as they are an effective way to communicate numbers and help paint a picture for the intended audience.

This entry was posted in Set Up. Bookmark the permalink.