Sesha Atkuru IPIP Results & Reactions

Results of my test summary on each of the five dimensions of personality:

This report compares Sesha Atkuru from the country USA to other adult men.

My score on Extraversion is high 81/100, indicating I am sociable, outgoing, energetic, and lively. I prefer to be around people much of the time.

My high level of Agreeableness 97/100, indicates a strong interest in others’ needs and well-being. I am pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative.

My score on Conscientiousness 85/100 is high. This means I set clear goals and pursue them with determination. People regard me as reliable and hard-working.

My score on Neuroticism 82/100 is high, indicating that I can be easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider me to be sensitive and emotional.

My score on Openness to Experience 61/100 is average, indicating that I enjoy tradition but I am willing to try new things. My thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others I appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual.

I am surprised by these scores as they turned out to be pretty close to my individual personality.

A potential employer looking at these results might say:

After reviewing my IPIP-NEO Narrative Report scores a potential employer will identify my strengths as sociable, outgoing, energetic, and lively person. These qualities are important for a manager to inspire the team members, build rapport with customers and improve customer relations. This is a positive strength for me.

My agreeableness is high score useful in understanding the challenges team members facing and removing their hurdles in completing the tasks. Understanding and empathizing with team members’ issues is one of important character of leadership. This too is a positive strength for me.

I am very clear on my goals, and I pursue them irrespective of the challenges I face, giving me a high score of Conscientiousness. When I face challenges, I get excited by them and look at the ways to resolve them. This is a positive strength for me to lead the company during challenging and troubled times.

Neuroticism high score will be my weaknesses that I can be easily upset by things which others consider normal. This is because I commit to my task 100% whole heart and mind and work on it, I expect others to work in similar way. When I see some employees not giving 100% of their commitment then I get upset and give them every chance to improve themselves. At the same time this also depends on the company culture and values, if the company gives importance to commitment to work than personal life then, this can be considered as my strength.              

My second weakness could be my average score of Openness to Experience. Definitely I am an educated person but not an intellectual. If the employer looks for intellectual leadership then probably I might fail in that job.  

Analysis of my potential employer of these scores differs from employer to employer depending on their job requirements. What is considered by me as weakness could be strength to them or vice versa.

One response to “Sesha Atkuru IPIP Results & Reactions”

1. Jerrod Richmond Avatar
    Jerrod Richmond

Hi Sesha,

Great job breaking down your results and how it correlates to your management position. You mention high scores on extraversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness as strengths of leadership which I tend to agree with but I wonder if a lower score on agreeableness may be better. I imagine there are some situations where separating some of that emotion/sympathy could be useful in a managerial position. I also think you correctly called out that your score on Neuroticism could be seen as a weakness to employers, but your justification makes sense. Having that passion and drive for something would naturally make anyone more sensitive if it were to go wrong. In a case like this, it really comes down to the way someone reacts or expresses their frustrations and doesn’t take it out on others. I agree that the results of these tests are highly dependent on the hiring company and the position they are seeking to fill. Many things we consider weaknesses may be strengths from their perspective.

Jerrod