MVP Almost Done

I originally chose this project because I really enjoy game development and I saw this as an opportunity to learn more about a game engine which I previously had no experience with. I also wanted to work on a project that was creatively fulfilling that I could share with friends and family as I made progress with it. So far I can confidently say that the 3D Escape Room Game has meet both of these expectations and I am very happy with not only my selection of projects, but the way that the project is turning out to be. I have a lot more knowledge of Unreal Engine 5 and I actually plan to continue using it for personal game development projects after I graduate. I also have been able to share progress reports with my friends and family by showing them the features and level designs I have been making. So far it has been a very fun project!

But that isn’t to say that the project hasn’t come with some hurdles and challenges to overcome. There have been many problems and challenges but the most difficult one that I faced was getting the inventory system to work properly. The inventory system was the first big feature I developed using Unreal Engine 5 and there wasn’t one simple tutorial to follow so I ended up having to find and use a variety of tutorials to teach me how to accomplish exactly what I wanted as well as just figuring some things out completely on my own. My lack of knowledge with Blueprints also made this more difficult but after having overcome this challenge I know feel that I have a much better grasp on Blueprints going forward.

I am very confident in my ability to complete the project. There was a time actually where I was very nervous if I would even be able to meet the minimum requirements for the project but now, with the progress I have made since becoming a solo team, I think it may even be possible to meet a stretch goal such as multiplayer! I am very excited to continue working on this project for the rest of the school year and I am excited to see how far I can take it next quarter 🙂