Introduction

Hello! My name’s Sebastian Gajardo and I’ll be using this blog to discuss my final Capstone project for my Computer Science Bachelors at Oregon State University. In this post I’ll give a brief overview as to how I got to this point and then discuss the different Capstone project ideas that are available to choose.

Computer Science is a second career for me, I landed on it when my previous career as an airline pilot came to a halt for various reasons. I’d always been passionate about technology and problem solving so it seemed like an ideal match and even as I was flying commercially my interests outside of work tended to drift towards analyzing data and solving problems using data and algorithms.

In the long run my goal is to end up using the skills picked up during this degree like programming, algorithms and data manipulation to solve complex problems to help make the world a more equitable place. I think becoming familiar with artificial intelligence and machine learning on top of the algorithms and other skills offered by OSU program will also be helpful in the long run.

Based on this there’s two project from the list I’ve got in mind for my Capstone. First, there’s an algorithm stock market training strategies one which should require data science libraries and analyzing data using Python3. The second would be the AI/ML bitcoin trading bot which would be a bit more of a stretch in terms of my current experience but I think I would learn a lot and would help me get the skills to reach my aforementioned goal.

Until next time, take care!