BRAND

What is my Brand? I think my brand or the thing that separates me from others is my job experiences along with attitude and work ethic. Something that I have a lot of pride in is my work ethic. I make it a goal of mine to show up early every day to work and to make sure that I am asking questions. Along with this, I always make sure to keep a positive attitude under any environment. A lot of my current skills have to do with previous experiences I had in sports/work that has shaped the way I am. I would say one of my weaknesses would be my writing skills. I have a hard time getting writing assignments started.

The way that I would create a novel is by making an ad that shows how all of my experiences with the Special Olympics and other work-related experiences that have shaped me. I would have them portray me as a very helpful hard worker that is there for all of the people at all times. It would give a brief introduction to me that detailed my strengths and weaknesses. The novel/ad would fit with the company’s values and mission statement. Along with this, it would tailor me to fit in with the current role that was posted for that website. This would allow me to gain a competitive advantage because the ad would be presented with my resume and cover letter. I would also display the companies logo and name so it would be specific for that company. I think the important part of the novel is that it is to the point and providers’ facts about you. Everything must be trustworthy because that ultimately will make you have a better chance to succeed when getting the opportunity.

2 replies on “BRAND”

Hi Ryan,

So awesome to hear you have experience with Special Olympics, I do too. It’s a great program! For a situation wanted ad, it seems like you are on the right track. I think it’s important to tailor yourself in a way that appeals most to the company, as you mentioned. It’s also essential to ensure you are aware of the company’s values and mission statement when creating something that you are trying to gain their interest from. You said you would want to include your strengths and weaknesses, but never explicitly stated them. What would you say some of your strengths are?
Great post!

Delani

I believe that job experience is definitely something that can be very important especially for someone our age. Having several jobs of value is going to look very good for a company that is considering hiring you. I also note in my brand that work ethic is up with the most important ones. Strong work ethic in my opinion should be one of the most sought after traits in an individual because even if they may not be qualified if they can display a strong work ethic then they can very well still do well in whatever position they are placed in.
Your ad that you would great would be very effective. By capitalizing on your experience that will immediately show an employer of the knowledge you know and the type of work you are capable of doing. I overall think that your ad would be very successful.