Work Life Balance? I wish…

Just yesterday, I made a bold decision. I quit my current PM job to focus on group projects and looking for a SDE job. Because I felt that it's more difficult to achieve work life balance. 

The current job is actually pretty good, I enjoyed working as a PM and it really helped me grow and learn how to work under pressure. I proved myself to colleagues that I am a quick learner, strong logical thinking, and great communication skills. But I've always wanted to be a programmer and want to be exposed to more technology. I know I have to focus on my career path regardless. Although it's a tough decision, I made my mind of doing it. 

Speaking of current PM work, I have the following experiences: 1. It is necessary to communicate actively and effectively, avoid too many meetings which could make myself unable to focus on the work at hand. 2. Know how to prioritize events. 3. Complain less, do more. 4. Keep a working log and establish documentation so that others can easily take over the work. 5. Ask if you don’t understand. Even if you do it slowly, don’t pretend to understand and do things according to your own wrong understanding. This will cause a lot of unnecessary trouble and waste of time.

I am also very grateful to my husband for supporting my decision. Because of his support, understanding and encouragement, I can freely choose not to go to work, and just concentrate on studying and finding a job that I like.