Week 7 IPIP Results

This week, I took the shorter version of the personality test. I wasn’t short on time, but my attention span doesn’t last long. I was fairly pleased with my results and the accuracy of the shorter version. There was a wide variety of questions with no trick answers, so it was easy to take. Below I have included snippets of my scores from the test.

Your score on Extraversion is average, indicating you are neither a subdued loner nor a jovial chatterbox. You enjoy time with others but also time alone. Your level of Agreeableness is average, indicating some concern with others’ Needs, but, generally, unwillingness to sacrifice yourself for others. Your score on Conscientiousness is high. This means you set clear goals and pursue them with determination. People regard you as reliable and hard-working. Your score on Neuroticism is low, indicating that you are exceptionally calm, composed and unflappable. You do not react with intense emotions, even to situations that most people would describe as stressful. Your score on Openness to Experience is average, indicating you enjoy tradition but are willing to try new things. Your thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others you appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual.

If a potential employer saw my results, they would see that I am fully capable of working alone and on a team. I get along with people very well, but I also find comfort and joy in alone time. I highly empathize with others but I don’t take pity on people or let other people cloud my judgement. I have always been a very hardworking person, which stems from great challenges I’ve overcome in my life. I use the things I’ve been through to motivate me to succeed, but also as a tool to bond with others. Because of some of the things I have been through, I’ve become very level headed. I have also worked in high stress jobs for five years now, so stressful situations don’t have an affect on my judgement in the moment. One of my biggest strengths is my ability to be flexible regardless of the situation. I am always willing to learn new things and listen to other people’s ideas. I tend to be more of a leader than a follower, but will not take charge if someone else is already.

One thought on “Week 7 IPIP Results

1. Hi Emily,
    I enjoyed reading your results and the outcome of the short version of the test. I wasn’t sure which one to take but I went with the long version. The results came a little similar like your but with more details on which section your scored higher. If you ever have time, I would recommend you taking the longer version, it provides you with much more details. I agree with the results you got and how potential employees can take those results and determine that you are a great candidate to be hired. Overall, you provided great examples of your results and explained them in much more detail in how they are relevant to your personality.
    Thanks for sharing your results!
    Patty Genaro