Cultural Research: Challenges

This project was a bit of a challenge for me, mostly it was just finding time to actually research. I also ran into a bit of trouble with finding information about Adi Tatarko’s personal life, which I think is due to her wanting to protect her privacy. However, this project also challenged many preconceived notions I had about Israel. To learn that a nation like this one was so progressive was quite a shock.

I really enjoyed reading about women’s equality and how in Israel it has never been questioned. I found it really interesting how women in the united states are still discriminated against when countries that might be considered-to those not as educated on the subject- in the U.S. to be less progressive  would have such a liberal approach to women’s rights. Where as in the U.S. we consider ourselves to be one of the most technologically advanced countries, and yet for issues like gender equality we are so far behind.

Overall this project was mostly just time consuming, but not overly complicated. Although I do wish I would have divided up my time more efficiently in order to go a lot more in depth on subjects like trends. But, sadly I didn’t allocate that time. I would recommend to any one in the future doing this project to start with the more complex topics like trends and technology. Then, do the biography and culture at the end of the week. But overall, I think it went well.