My off day in Dublin

Here is a little insight into one of my weekend days in the city.

Breakfast at Brother Hubbard Ranelagh

I ate here probably the most because the yogurt bowl below was to die for. One of the best breakfast spots I found in Dublin. Ranelagh was a cute neighborhood that was nice to walk around and it was just 20 minutes on the Luas from Dundrum where I was staying

Keep your home routine

I was lucky enough to find a climbing gym halfway through my visit that had a cheap deal for first-time visitors. 30 euros for 30 days and I could go at least once a week with my schedule.

Find some sites to visit

Kilmainham jail, Glasnevin Cemetary, many museums, there are so many different places to see. The National Botanic Garden was by far the nicest spot I had visited and was so beautiful. The wall of Monsteras were the most incredible plants I think I have ever seen.

Find some dinner

My favorite spots to eat were on St Georges street, Rathmines, or in Temple Bar. Yamamori was good Japanese food and Farmer Browns had “American” food.

Find some more to do

A lot of what I would do was simply get lost and find new things. I think wandering aimlessly can have a lot of upsides as long as you ensure you are safe. I was able to stumble upon an art studio that had weaving classes so I was able to take a four-week weaving class.

You’re not doing Dublin if you don’t end with drinks

Pubs are everywhere in Dublin. The best in my opinion are Bowes, Mulligans, The Long Haul, and if you’re by the botanical gardens Gravediggers. The weekend before I left Bar 1661 won best bar in Ireland and well deserved because they were some of the nicest people and best cocktails.