The midpoint blog post.

This week my team discovered that a problem with the authentication platform on our mobile app was actually not a problem after all. Yes, after my many hours pulling out my own eyebrows (a colloquial term for “working hard”), it turns out they were failing to compile the newest version of the code. Oh sweet relief, oh bitter pang of wasted energy.
Also, this week, I put together the midpoint report. Well I only got it started, and wanted to give someone else the opportunity to do the right up, and they made some edits, yes, but it was unpolished. So I revised that, split it into the correct file structure, made the formatting more consistent, and expanded the content so it was more thorough. I got the sign off from everyone and turned it in. OK.
This week, I’m going to the dentist to fix a chipped tooth. Between starting a new job and writing blog posts and standup discussions, I didn’t find time to make an appointment until the week after the “incident” with the fork, but finally my dentist had time to get me in, so I’ll take a half day Friday.
The “infotainment” system in my car was stuck in a bootloop. According to the dealership, during the 1hr I was listening to HD radio during the past 6 months, NPR, this is really what they told me- NPR sent a pixel over the HD radio signal which fried the CMU. OK. If the part was available, they repair would cost $1500. OK… It was a software issue, but they refuse to provide the patch for free. Ook…The same thing happened in Boston to a different model of Mazda and they extended the warranty, but for mine? No mercy. Ok. To Ebay we go, and if I have to find a way to update the CMU software myself, so-be-it! I held off in the past because I was afraid of bricking the CMU. Oops.
This week I’ll have to record a video demonstrating my contribution to our team’s app. I’ll give you a sneak preview, 70% of everything – planning, designing, code. Despite cajoling and urging and prodding, I’ve discovered you can’t herd cats. Maybe the saying should be, when life gives you cats, grind them up into meat and make hamburgers, but I have to work with this guys for the rest of the quarter.
My point being – this is my midpoint blog post – A reflection of my experience as an overworked and strung out final term college student and full time employee. Is it polished, cohesive, with a formal beginning middle and end? Probably not.

I was once told a story about a PhD fine art program. The instructor gave the class the assignment to create a work of art that demonstrated Life. The top grade in the class was a student who walked to the front of the class, took a bite out of an apple, set it on the instructor’s desk, and walked out.

*sips coffee aggressively*