Personality and Employment

For a potential employer, I can see how they would want someone who scores high in extraversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, and openness to experience. They want someone who is willing to go out of their way to make a good impression on the people that they are working with. My extraversion is average, which would put me in sort of a middle ground in the eyes of the employer. They appreciate that I am open to extraversion, but also not as happy about being someone who does not take every chance they can to be extraverted. Although my test results showed I am average in agreeableness, I definitely feel like in practice I am very agreeable, the employer might get the idea that I’m not based on the test, but in an actual situation, I am very likely to follow directions put out for me. A big problem for me is my conscientiousness, I agree that I am not as careful as I should be all the time, and this would possibly even hurt in my chances of getting that role. My neuroticism could help me here though, as the employer would see that I easily recognize criticism and take it to heart quickly. My average openness to experience would help I think, it would show that I am comfortable with roles and won’t step outside too much of my boundaries.