Consistency Or Performance?

As someone who has experience managing employees who complete work on a performance basis, and as someone who has worked with both types of employees, I definitely prefer consistency over flashes of high performance. Before I was managing paint crews, I worked with a partner who definitely portrayed traits that related to Avery’s situation, he could do hard tasks and would do them well, but when he was asked to do things that would show more consistency, such as staying longer and wanting to get projects done as fast as possible. I prefer consistency for sure, I would hire Jaime because I know she would be much more reliable in tough situations, which are bound to pop up out of nowhere. I would place Avery into a position that expects high results from his own efforts, such as a sales position. The opportunities for sales are not as frequent as in other industries, but when they go through it is worth it to put someone in this position that will perform highly in these specific situations. This would compliment his work style as someone who performs highly every so often, consistency here would help but not be as effective in securing profits for the company. I would put Jaime in a position such as human relations in a company, they monitor situations in the workplace and respond accordingly when problems come up. Having a consistent response to these types of situations would make the decisions fair when they do end up coming down, as you want someone who is level-headed and understanding.