Blog Post #3

Hello,

As this course is coming to an end, the biggest success I have had is implementing the back-end database using Google’s datastore with Flask instead of Node as I have done in the previous course. Initially I was a bit worried about implementing the database endpoints with an entirely new framework that I had no experience with but I was pleasantly surprised by now intuitive Flask is compared to Node.

I recall encountering so many issues implementing Datastore with Node in my previous course where some asynchronous function inside another asynchronous function would cause issues with storing data into the database and I even had to spend a whole day debugging and figuring out the issue. With Flask. . . it was smooth sailing through and through. I encountered absolutely no issue this time around and actually regret not going the Flask route for the previous class.

This matters to me because I was able to learn a new framework even though I was a bit hesitant initially with using Flask for the project. Ultimately, I am glad that we went that route. Through this experience, I was in a position to require to learn a different framework and finding out the new framework is better than what I have been comfortable with. It goes to show that what you are comfortable with is not always better.