Cap Stone First Post

Hello to all of you that have decided to check out my blog! I am entirely new to the blogging experience, so please bare with me. My name is Daquan Patterson, and I am using this blog to fulfill a requirement for my capstone class here at Oregon State University. I may get into or drop blogging entirely depending on how my overall experience with it ends up after this class.

Anywho, Let’s get to some of the exciting questions that the rubric laid out for us students to answer. One such question is asking “Why did I decide to go into Computer Science?” I decided to go into Computer Science as a way to scratch an itch that I had developed dating all the way back to degree 1.0. At that time, I was working as a residential advisor, and I got a chance to meet a student who was a Comp Sci major. This particular student introduced me to the subject and all of the cool things he got to work on/ was possible to work on. One such thing that caught my interest, which is silly to say, was that he got to work on the vending machines around campus which were running on lines of code. As a person new to the subject, this was fascinating to me. After a few more talks with that student, I started to look into the different careers and project possibilities that the major provided on my own. I was too far into degree 1.0 to change my major, so when I learned about the OSU Post Bacc program, I decided to enroll in it.

Now, on to question number two, which is asking “Why did you choose the projects you did on the survey? What makes them interesting to you?” The project that my group decided to settle on was the Escape Room Project. We decided to go with the project because we thought it would make for a fun project to cap off our OSU journeys with. We felt that we could make some of the puzzles relate to various things encountered in the OSU program. Things such as assignments, professors, and subjects could be introduced into the overall program.

One response to “Cap Stone First Post”

1. OSU Avatar

Hi, this is a comment.