Capstone CS467 – Introduction

Welcome to my blog! I pray its not too boring – as I never really considered myself much of a writer. For CS467 we are required to create a new blog post every week. In this first blog I will Introduce myself, talk about my reasons for choosing OSU, and some of my interests.

My name is Patrick Furbert – I was born in Bermuda and have dual citizenship (US/Bermudian). As far as names go I much prefer Pat to Patrick. For college, I initially attended the University of Rochester for Microbiology – graduating in 2008. Consequently, difficulty with the economy at this time lead to a second B.S. in Nursing.

Time and repetitiveness eventually lead to the unfortunate discovery that its very important to have a strong interest in your chosen profession. Job stability alone will not sustain a career. A strong interest helps to keep one motivated and not burn out. This discovery ultimately lead to my decision to make a career switch in to Computer Science.

As far as hobbies and interests go my big ones are video games, board games, and cosplay. The caption photo is a screen shot my friend Andrei took of my character in Sea of Thieves. Its a fun game.

Most of computer science curriculum I have found both interesting and engaging. The last two classes needed to complete this degree program are CS467 – Online Capstone and CS325 – Algorithms. Both of these courses I hope will help to prepare me for Job Searching in the coming year!

2 thoughts on “Capstone CS467 – Introduction”