Past Job Interview Experience

Applying for a job as an applicant can be a difficult and straining process, there are usually many different stages and interview processes you have to go through. The last job I applied for was an internship at Columbia Distributing, when going through this process I had to go through three interviews, the last being in person in Wilsonville. It was pretty intimidating because I was going up against a bunch of different people, I made it to the last round and got to go to the office where I would compete against others in the process. This was an awesome experience because I got to hands-on see the company culture and what the work environment was like. From my perspective, the company seemed like it would operate completely differently in a more strict culture. It wasn’t till I saw the office that I realized the company culture and how I would fit in.

The application for this job was pretty extensive and my impression was the company was going to be very strict and the culture was going to be very structured, it almost seemed like everyone was going to be working in a cubical. One impression I got that was opposite to this one was all the employees seemed very young and all the people that got internships there usually stay with the company. My impression was I wasn’t going to have to try very hard to get the position originally, but that wasn’t the case as I went through the process I realized how intense and competitive it was. It all seemed like it was worth it though because my impression of the office after seeing it was very positive.