The End of My OSU Journey… to a new Beginning

Hello there!

I have reached my last class in the OSU post-bacc program. This is truly a end of a beginning, and I am sure everyone in the same shoes feel the same way.

I got my original degree in International Relations and Economics at Penn. Junior year, I was looking for some classes to fulfill a few electives, and I opted to take an introductory programming class. I had no idea I would enjoy it so much, but I ended up squeezing in a minor in CS before I graduated, and jumped straight into the OSU post-bacc program after. 

From hardware architecture to topics in ML, I loved how the more you learn, the more topics “click” as time goes by. The different characteristics of programming languages clicked with CPU architectural design, which clicked with malware analysis and security. The way networking worked clicked with the different layers of internet design. I think this interconnectedness that becomes more and more apparent the more you learn about the subject is a charm that the field has that really drives people working in the industry to learn new technology throughout their career. I find drive in this characteristic and am looking forward to doing so for the rest of my career in CS!

I have greatly enjoyed the learning process and am excited to take the next steps. In the following weekly series, I will document various subjects I encounter while completing the final project. Hopefully, readers will enjoy!

One response to “The End of My OSU Journey… to a new Beginning”

1. OSU Avatar

Hi, this is a comment.