The 10th Annual Northwest Climate Conference will be held at the historic Sentinel Hotel in Portland, Oregon on October 8-10, 2019. The Northwest Climate Conference provides a unique opportunity to learn from and connect with a diverse community of experts fostering a more climate resilient Northwest. The event brings together practitioners, scientists, tribal communities, and decision-makers to share knowledge, ideas, and best practices related to climate change science, impacts, and adaptation in the Pacific Northwest. Topics include drought, wildfire, extreme events, coastal flooding, human and ecosystem health, and resiliency planning.
|Registration Rates||Early Registration
By Sept. 6 11:59pm
After Sept. 6
|One Day Registration (Wednesday OR Thursday)||$140||$140|
|Invited Committee Registration||$105||$105|
- Welcome Reception
- Poster Reception
- Breakfast, Mid-morning and Afternoon Breaks each conference day
- Lunch on Wednesday, October 9
- All Conference Related Materials and Hand-outs
Click the button below and you will be prompted to set up or log in to a free account in order to access the registration system. The options for registration will be presented to you after signing in or signing up.
The closest airport is Portland International Airport (PDX). We urge you to consider using public transportation during your visit to Portland.
The MAX Light Rail – Red Line is Portland’s efficient light-rail system that runs from Portland International Airport (PDX) to downtown Portland. Galleria/SW 10th Ave MAX Station (Stop ID 8384) is 1 block from the Sentinel.
The MAX light rail Red Line is the easiest way to travel to and from the airport. Here are some quick facts:
- The trip between the airport and downtown Portland takes about 38 minutes.
- An adult ticket costs $2.50 – Youth $1.25 – Honored Citizen $1.25 (Honored Citizens are 65+, Medicare, or physical/mental disability. Proof of Eligibility required.)
- MAX ticket machines return change in coins, so small bills are recommended.
- You can roll your luggage on board.
- The first train of the day arrives at PDX at 4:45 a.m. The last train departs PDX at 11:50 p.m.
- The MAX station and ticket machines are located on the lower level, next to the south baggage claim area (turn right at the base of the escalator). View airport map.
- All streetcar lines (separate light rail system from MAX) stop at the Sentinel (SW 11th and Alder southbound and SW 10th and Alder northbound) the hotel is one block from the MAX Red and Blue Lines and 4 blocks from the Downtown Transit Mall (Green, Yellow, and Orange lines plus numerous bus lines).
For complete schedules and more information, visit www.trimet.org/schedules/maxredline.htm.
Trimet fares page with info on their mobile and HopCard payments can be found here: https://myhopcard.com/home/.
Lyft and Uber both operate in Portland.
Taxi Services from PDX
Driving Directions from Portland International Airport
To the Sentinel:
- Follow NE Airport Way to NE 82nd Way – (1.3 miles)
- Continue on NE 82nd Way. Take NE Sandy Blvd and I-84 W/US-30 W to SW 11th Ave – (8.1 miles)
- Turn left onto SW 11th Ave
- Destination will be on the left
Note: Please check Google Maps to see that this is the fastest route for getting to the Sentinel when you depart PDX.
Go Here for Google Map
At the Sentinel
– Valet at the hotel for $45 per day with unlimited in/out
– Short Term Parking (very limited) $15 for the first two hours and then $10 for each additional hour up to $45 per day
First Presbyterian Church Parking Lot – 12th and Morrison
Address: 661 SW 12th Ave, Portland, OR 97205 – Map & Details
Hourly: $4.00 per hr
Daily: $11.50 daily max
Evening/Weekend:Eves $3 Sun-Thur, $4 Fri & Sat Wknds $2 per hr and $4.50 max
Smart Park – 10th and Yamhill
Address: 730 SW 10th Ave, Portland, OR 97205 – Map
Up to 4 hours $7.40 Over 4 Hours (Weekdays) $14
Sunday – Thursday evening maximum (Arrive after 5 pm – Out by 5 am) $5
Saturday – Sunday daily maximum (Weekend day begins at 5 am) $5
Friday – Saturday evening maximum (Arrive after 5 pm – Out by 5 am) $5