Financial Analysis

Financial Analysis

My Dream

My dream is to one day be a stay at home mother with two children. I have always been envious of those who were born in previous decades where raising a family instead of going to college was the norm. In today’s world I feel that these women are looked down upon for “not doing something with their life”. It is rare to hear someone say they want to be a mom right out of high school, instead, what is typically heard is what college and major the person has selected.  There is no occupation in the world that interests me and being a mom is something I have always wanted. After researching various majors and listing possible job opportunities that could come from each major I realized nothing I found seemed right for me. This dream is possible thanks to my very fortunate parents and fiancé.

How It Is Possible

The support systems that exist for me are my family and friends.  My parents have set up my finances for me in a way that makes it possible for me to be a stay at home mom even when my future children go off to college. I truly am lucky to not have to worry about the cost of daycare and my mortgage along with the everyday necessities a child requires. If I am unable to become pregnant for any reason there is always the option to adopt.

How Others Make This Possible

The most common method of stay at home parenting is that the father goes off to work and the mother stays home. In some cases, the parent that goes off to work is the one that makes more money and the one that stays at home does not work. In other cases one parent goes off to work while the stay at home parent works from home to help with the family income.

Barriers

There are many barriers to overcome before committing to raising a family.  Motherhood is a necessary and common practice, which has led to an enormous amount of information about it being posted online.  Unfortunately, many of these magazines and blogs are based on personal anecdotes and lack widespread support.  To add to the issue of oversaturated resources, actual medical and psychological studies have are a rarity due to outbursts of disagreeance by groups of ideologically bonded mothers (DeKeserdy, 2011). In reality, almost all new mothers will simply adopt parenting techniques that they are most familiar with, and I do not think I will be an exception.