Escape Room Excitement

Recently I found out that my team’s capstone project will be to design an escape room game filled with multiple perplexing rooms and puzzles for a user to try to work their way through. This is exciting to me partially because I love solving puzzles, but also because my team has decided to create the game using Unity. The last year of my professional career has been spent learning Unity and using it to create maintenance training simulators, or the world’s most boring game(s). I feel that I’ve gotten the hang of working with Unity, but I’ve always been working off a project that was started long before I joined the team. I am excited to get to started on a new Unity project from the beginning.

Even though I am excited to get working on the project, I need to remember to start with baby steps. Can’t just rush into coding and see how it goes. Making sure to have a well thought out project plan along with a process for how best to communicate as a team will be essential to our success. If we find out that some things aren’t working the way we hope, then we need to be able to analyze what has gone wrong with the plan and adapt from there.

It may take a little bit to fit everything together and get our team working like a well oiled machine, but like I said before, I like puzzles.