Self Reflection

Choosing to look deep and ask the larger, more philosophical questions about ourselves is a great exercise in understanding what makes us unique and provides good insight into our deeper psychology by analyzing how we respond and how we form our ideas to answer such broad questions. The forts of these are “what am I good at?”. To answer this I would say that I am good at dealing with people all engaging in deep and meaningful conversations where the other person genuinely feels heard and accepted. I am good at rearranging my overall character to fit any social dynamic and create the least awkward encounters among any type of person or group setting. I am good at being passionate about the things I care about, which, in turn, has led me to be a great leader throughout my life. I have always found it easy to inspire and lead others to better themselves and follow me in whatever I choose to do. I value hard work, relationships, and God. As a Christian, I’d say that I value my relationship with God much more than anything else in my life and it is the driving force behind most of my decisions. Along with this, I then in turn choose to love others the same way Jesus loves myself, which has allowed me to value people and value relationships throughout my life. Also, I find hard work to be extremely valuable and necessary to a satisfying life. I got to where I am today because of my parents, my friends, and God leading my life in the direction it’s going. When I choose to make decisions, whether big or small, I choose to seek wise counsel and advice from where I know best: my parents. Along with this, I’d say the close friends I have challenged me enough to have shifted and made me realize that there are times throughout my life when I needed to shift course and reevaluate why I am doing the things I’m doing. Finally, I am uncertain as to where I am going. As scripture would suggest in Proverbs 16:9 “The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.”. Knowing this, I might be eager to try and plan out my life and my decisions for the life goals I have, but ultimately, my life is not in my hands. In fact, it’s in the hands of someone much wiser than I am, which can leave me more assured that where I am going will always be far better for me than I might even understand or see.