Job Application Experiences

Job interviews can always be stressful or scary depending on the nature of the work that is being desired. For myself, the most recent job application ended up landing me a coveted position with a large accounting firm that lands perfectly within my field of study. I entered the career fair having no idea the company I was about to apply for actually existed nor had a position I would ever consider. After some light discussion with the recruiter, I was asked to submit a LinkedIn request as well as an email with an attached resume. This, unlike pre-Covid traditions of being in person, was entirely new to me as an applicant. I was then prompted with various requests for a carefully crafted cover letter that described my desire to join this company. After the initial paperwork was emailed over and fulfilled, the joy-filled “you have landed an interview” email came across my computer, and I was sent a link to a scheduled Microsoft Teams meeting for an interview. After this initial round of interviews, I was then chosen to interview again with a partner from the firm for one of the final 5 positions (which was unknown to me at the time of applying) in which they make the final hiring decision. It was during this entire process that I began researching more about the company I was applying for and the history behind the firm.

This process to be hired as a summer intern at this firm was one of the scariest and most formal interviews I had been a part of; despite the fact that it was all remote. The level of professionalism that was held throughout the entire process from the formal email styles all the way to the dress code for the remote interviews all lent itself to producing a well-crafted idea of a put-together firm in my eyes. It was clear that the speed in which they hired was due to the intense future planning their recruiter hand on their hands; hiring years in advance of future start dates or graduation dates to ensure that interns and new hires were constantly in rotation and being fed into the firm. After the entire process and having the opportunity to be selected as an intern last summer, they then approached me in person and extended my future full-time employment after I graduate. While this may or may not be normal, it was one of the most memorable interviewing experiences I have ever had.

One response to “Job Application Experiences”

1. I totally agree with you about the nervousness during interviews and had the same experience during my first interview at a bank. Although there are no such formal occasions, it has already made me nervous and I am very nervous. After all, I want to get the psychology that meets the requirements of the other party in my first job, so I will become very important. . Naturally, my mind will be very nervous. I can also understand your mood at the time very well. It really makes people feel very happy when you get the mood when you can go to the interview. After all, when we want to get the job opportunity we want in such a big accounting firm, even if we just get an interview opportunity, we will feel that we are about to reach the other side of success. We had to conduct interviews online due to the coronavirus presentation, but we would also be very happy. When I receive such an offer, I will spend a lot of time researching the company and the talents they need, and it is best to be fully prepared, and I believe you are the same. Everyone’s first interview brings us a lot of psychological pressure, but we are often well prepared to face these things.