My Job Hunt

My resume is finally to a point where I feel I can start firing off job applications. So begins my long hunt for a job.

It’s exciting to finally take that first step and try to get my foot in the door somewhere while also being extremely intimidating. I couldn’t fit in an internship during my time at OSU, so the hunt will be long and probably feel impossible at times, but I will keep going until I get something. Hopefully, the retooled portfolio projects I’ve made during my time as a student at OSU will help show off the talents I have and show that I have the potential to grow from a junior dev position.

From here on out I need to really challenge myself to attempt multiple leetcode problems every day. I found a website – https://neetcode.io/ – that will help me do just that and help me focus on the most important concepts.

One of the hardest things about my job search will be focusing on applying and sharpening my interviewing skills. The search will become my full-time job. I will have to force myself to work on myself and apply as if it were my job. In this ultra-competitive environment for entry-level software dev positions, I can’t afford to slack off.

Please, wish me luck!