Choosing a Project

So I have finally arrived at my final term at OSU. I truly enjoyed the materials that were taught throughout the program and I feel like I’m ready to break into the workforce and show the world what I got!

For my capstone class, I have to choose which final project I will develop with a team as a piece for my resume. These are my favorite options and why:

• A-Life Challenge
    • This one caught my eye because of my interest in biology – my previous degree. The project looks really interesting and I think it would cool to add many different selective pressures to see what effect they could have on the simulated DNA. If I end up assigned to this project, I will have to plan extremely well or I may end up biting off more than I can chew with regards to features I want implemented.
  • Crowd-sourced Immersive Language Learning App
    • This project is appealing because it relates to my work as a teacher of English as a Foreign Language and because I found the mobile development class fun and I would like to work with flutter again or learn Kotlin. I feel like with this project I would be able to more easily stay within the expectations of the project without it getting too overwhelming, but I feel like it is not very unique. I would have to come up with ways to try to set it apart from other applications so I won’t feel like I’m retrodding the same steps as everyone else.
  • Citizen Science App for Kids
    • This one also jumped out at me because of its relation to my job as a teacher. It seems like a good and useful project to work on and it appeals to my passion for learning and teaching. This project along with the Immersive Language Learning App seem to demand more time to perfect the UI, but this one especially needs to be simple so that children can use it, but also complex enough for the admin so that it still can be useful.

These are all the important aspects of each project I’m taking into consideration when signing up for my project. Either one of these would be an excellent exercise when working with a team and will help me brush up on skills such as mobile development and UI implementation. I can’t wait to get started!