Blog Post 1

CS467 will be my final course in completing the Post Bacc CS degree here at Oregon State University. I had previously earned my degree in Mechanical Engineering and graduated from Oregon State in 2017 and began the Post Bacc degree at the beginning of the pandemic. It has been a challenging but rewarding experience juggling both full-time work and taking these classes but I am excited to finish this degree and begin a new career path.

I grew up in Portland Oregon and moved to Seattle for work. I intend to stay here for the foreseeable future and hope to get a job here as a SDE. Outside of work and school, I enjoy hiking, photography, traveling, and hanging out with friends.

I currently work as a Mechanical Engineer for the US Navy Department of Defense and have been working here since I graduated. Although I enjoy my job and its benefits I have always had an interest in programming and creating webpages/applications. I feel fortunate to be in my position where I enjoy my current job but am able to work towards getting this new degree and to have the option to switch careers.

Throughout these courses I have learned that I have an interest in Front-End design and would love to continue working in that area as a software developer. I enjoyed the courses that had projects that allowed for creativity and design namely CS290, CS340, CS352, CS361, and CS492. I thoroughly enjoy designing user interfaces of webpages and thinking through the user experience when developing an application.

As I stated above, taking these courses has been a rewarding experience and I am looking forward to creating a final noteworthy project in this course with a team as I begin preparing for interviews and the job search after.

One Reply to “Blog Post 1”

1. Hi, this is a comment.