Job description Blog

Have you ever let the job descriptions define you, or have changed yourself such that you fit a specific job description? Yes, I guess. Everyone has done that, and why not? Job description or job requirements is a list of attributes that a company is looking for their future employee. A person whose qualifications, skills, and abilities matches the job description is the best person to hire. Exact job descriptions are important to ensure functional recruitment in an organization. It educates the potential candidates from the type of duties that they are expected to perform. 

Before applying for any job, I usually go through the job description and make a check-list of it. In the last summer, I applied for working in Home Depot and saw their checklist. The company wanted a student with good communication skills, punctual, expected to work extra if required, good in learning policies, and dealing with customers. I thought I was perfect for it and therefore, I applied for it. I got the job. And I realized that all the above attributes are necessary if one has to work at the Home Depot.  

Before applying for a job, a candidate does not know what exactly the job requires. He should have a clear understanding of the demands of the work place. And the solution to this is a good job description.

Now, I would like to discuss some benefits of reading the job description. It is mostly a list of tasks that an employee has to perform after he gets the job. It usually has categories such as skills requirements, and qualification requirements. Job description solves the ambiguity that any candidate has. A proficient description is such that after reading it, a candidate realizes whether he is made for this job or not. Reading descriptions will help you familiarize with yourself, and you can only get a good job if you know what you are good in. So, stop thinking, and start reading the job descriptions.

1 comment

1. Hi, this is a comment.
    To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
    Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.