Week 10 – Blog Post: Most Important Thing You’ve Learned 

I have learned a lot about recruiting talent and staff selection throughout this semester. The primary goal of recruiting is to find the right person for the position for the organization. It is critical that a person’s skills, experience, and background match the requirements of the position. Hiring an unsuitable candidate can lead to inefficiencies, employee turnover, and increased recruitment costs. Therefore, ensuring that a candidate’s abilities and experience match the requirements of the position is one of the most important things to do in the hiring process. In addition to matching the requirements of the current position, a great hiring process should also take into account the candidate’s potential and room for growth. Hiring candidates with the ability to learn and adapt can provide longer-term benefits to the organization. Considering the future needs of the position and selecting those with the potential to grow and adapt can provide the organization with better long-term growth. And with the onslaught of multiple cultures in the future, diversity and inclusion are becoming increasingly important in modern recruitment, regardless of which company in the world has people from different cultural backgrounds. Having teams of employees from different backgrounds, experiences, and cultures can bring innovation, different perspectives and better problem-solving skills to an organization. Therefore, actively seeking and attracting diverse talent in the hiring process not only improves the organization’s ability to adapt but also increases the sense of belonging and teamwork among employees. In my opinion, having an experienced recruiting team or professionals plays a key role in the selection process. They should have the expertise and skills for the position and know the best practices of the industry. Experienced selectors are better able to understand the candidate’s capabilities and potential, and make accurate assessments and decisions. There are times when you cannot choose to pass on an employee with a lot of experience just because a candidate graduated from a prestigious school; more often than not, the selection decision needs to be made based on the company’s specific situation.
The second is that I also let me see a lot in this class about my own strengths and weaknesses, and realize that although I do not have an ideal job now, I am still very clear about my future career direction, plus through this semester’s staffing selection above, I was able to more clearly realize what characteristics a company values most in a job seeker, although it is said that we work with Although we have a big gap with students graduated from prestigious schools, I think a company using higher talent is limited, and can not say that a company does not have other types of employees involved. So I think in the future career planning I am still a person with great potential, I also hope that in the future career development path can be better and better, find a job with their professional counterparts, and adhere to the efforts to achieve a better self.