Stop! WHAT is your name?

It is Arthur, King of the Britons!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

It is Sal, IT Support Specialist of Michigan! And what is my quest? Well, to seek a Computer Science Degree!

This being my first blog post, a proper introduction is the perfect start. As previously stated, I am a full-time IT Support Specialist in Michigan and an OSU student. Technology has always been a strong interest of mine and it, as most can relate I am sure, began with a love of video games. From there the passion took off and I began taking the time to fix any tech problems that I, or my family, were having. This eventually lead (after getting a degree in Psychology, but that’s another story…) to being interested in coding.

It was a very difficult and an interesting shift in mindset going from my Psychology degree to Computer Science. Much like technology, the way people worked was intriguing to me and I found both of these schools to be two different sorts of puzzles. Now that I’m close to finishing both degrees, my main goal is to find an ideal career that will somehow fuse both of my degrees and passions.

That is what lead me to where I am at today; working in IT and starting to do work for the Cyber Security Team at my firm. While Cyber Security is very much tech based, I do hope, in some way shape or form, to utilize the Psychology of the every day user, hackers, etc. to expand my role and fulfill my career goals.

Thank you for reading and I hope you are able to better understand my mind set for this final step. I look forward to continue my quest in the next post and next time be sure to bring me…a shrubbery!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.