462 Blog #3

A few months ago, when selecting my capstone, I looked for topics that I either had experienced or that interested me. There were many to choose from but the one I picked really stood out to me. As someone with a background in the medical field, I’ve always been drawn to the potential impact that new technology could have on the future healthcare industry. So, when I came across an opportunity to participate in a project that combined both technology and medicine, I could not pass it up.

Before starting, I had an idea of some of the challenges that I may have throughout development. However, there were struggles that came along the way that I was not prepared for. One of the most significant hurdles we faced was the complexity of the project, and also having little to no experience in the software we were using to develop. This of course took extra time to not only learn the software, but the different programming languages needed to start development. Some of the ways I have navigated through these challenges are through asking questions to others who had previous experience with the software. Another thing that has helped is having regular meetings with my group to make sure we are all on the same page and can offer advice to each other. I thankfully have a team that is understanding, and we all work together to figure out any challenges that arise. 

As we progress further into our project through our last term, the road ahead remains challenging. However, I know that through teamwork and dedication it will all come together nicely in the end.