Blog post #2

Over the last couple of months, I have discovered a lot of new technologies that I would have liked to use and do use for my capstone project. Since our project is being built using virtual reality technology, we have been using this software called Unity. This is where we have been building our graphics and honestly, I think it is very cool. I will say there have been some difficulties such as the learning curve getting started. Since I don’t have previous game design or experience in graphics, it has been an added challenge when using this software. I would say my least favorite technology has been Unity’s version of version control. It has been very difficult to get that part set up with a team of 4.

Another technology I like is Trello. Trello has been very user-friendly, and it’s easy to keep track of tasks, which allows our group to plan efficiently. If I could start over, one thing I would do differently is research more on how graphics work and game design. I feel like having that knowledge coming into this project would have made our project easier to navigate. The added task of learning the software and getting that creative touch has added a lot of time to our project. However, I do appreciate learning how to use Unity, and it is very exciting.  I hope to use it more in the future in my own time.