Back From Break

Back from the winter break, and it was desperately needed. This term is looking to be much less busy overall, which hopefully will free me up more for the capstone class project. There are some worries of balance of work over this term, however, because I know that my other group members are going to be busier and I am more experienced with most of the technologies we will be using. Honestly, I think our group is  a little behind already because at the core of our project is the blockchain technology, but the members of the group responsible for that side hasn’t been able to get it up and running yet. So I’m kind of flying blind at the moment, trying to setup a webserver that doesn’t have a destination to write too, and I’m not even sure how that writing will be done. The logic of the webserver will continue to elude me until we figure out exactly how the backend is working. 

The mobile app is looking decent overall. I think there are several key areas that can be addressed while the backend is setup, at least to a certain extent. My current goal is to finish upgrading the UI to the specifications that Sam will be providing this week. Not really sure how long this will take, interface changes can be an issue, and I haven’t finished implementing the correct way of handling states throughout the app. So after the UI updates, I’ll move on to working on the state handling, and from there the communication with the webserver. The true challenge will be getting all 3 components talking, and more specifically, planning out exactly which component will be responsible for the bulk of the logistical work. This term will undoubtedly have its own challenges, but I’m looking forward to getting this project done so I can clear out the work and have a more relaxing final term of my college career.