Let the Show Begin

It’s finally here, time to start writing some code. There has been ample research needed coupled with many group meetings but the team and I finally feel ready to start implementing some much needed code. The journey so far has been quite different than I anticipated. I’ve always just assumed when programming you read a little, program a little, rinse and repeat. But now I fully understand that researching and understanding is a huge part of it. It is more a read for days and do about 20 minutes of coding….. crazy!

The team has been keeping in regular communication through the use of discord. Our project mentor has been phenomenal as well. He has joined every meeting we have had so far and has provided an encyclopedia worth of information. We are using Trello to divvy the work up and GitHub to actually post the work. So far everything has been pretty smooth. There are 5 different tasks for the two week sprint that we are in and everyone was given 1 task with one member taking on 2 tasks. The Trello cards are great! They are super customizable and also provide transparency into what everyone is accomplishing. GitHub has been working well too. We have it setup so a peer review has to be made prior to merging into main. That way we eliminate any unwanted or accidental merges.

So far the team has been following our originally planned team standards. The communication aspect is lacking slightly however, as of now, it seems everyone is accomplishing what they had intended on accomplishing. I think ultimately if we keep pace with what we are doing there shouldn’t be any reason we don’t have a somewhat functional bot. I don’t expect it to make us millions due to the volatility and unpredictability of Bitcoin, but I do think there is potential to have something that does the right thing (ie. buy, sell or hold) most of the time. However, if it makes me millions than thank you OSU!

Signing Off,

Geoff Miller