Last Blog Post for 467

It’s been a good semester. I’ve done most of the required work for the project and the person responsible for compiling the report has my work. My code is push to the master github repo. I think other than the final assignments that the course requires, my work is pretty much done. It was not a overly burdensome project.

This is the last course of the degree, after which I’ll have a bachelors in computer science. Its been a long road, I’m a very different person that when I started. More than anything I have confidence. I know what I know and what i don’t know. My understanding of computer science beyond the code, into the theory and practicalities has come to a point where know now that i am a valuable asset to any technology company. it feels good. I’m ready to contribute.

BEYOND THE DEGREE:

I discovered a new machine learning technology that I think will be really interesting in the future. It uses image and pattern recognition to identify position is jiujitsu. I don’t know how useful it will be in the future, but it’s an interesting development. I think immediately a good application would be an overlay onto current ongoing footage from competition or otherwise. Data is everything and its becoming more apparent more much information can be measured and optimized.

One last thing. There was one member in out group that was really difficult to work with. He immediately complained when i tried to start early on project assignments, and was rude in any interaction. so far, he’s been a little bit behind in work but it shall be seen if he’s ultimately productive. Made me a little bit afraid of the work force out there, he probably isn’t an exception. Just complaining, the project is manageable enough where we can cover his work if it doesn’t get done.