Recruitment Ad Mgmt448 Week4 Sesha Atkuru

First, what is your brand? By this, I mean what is the first impression that you present to potential employers? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What makes you unique or different?

My brand is: I am the ‘Automation expert’. The first impression I present to my potential employers is that I am an expert in designing scalable automation frameworks for highly complex software projects.  My strengths are my expertise I gained over the years of working in different software industries. I am a technology expert who worked on different applications developed in different programming languages. My strengths are that I am a continuous learner, learning the latest technologies in the industry, working with teams onsite, virtual, and global. My biggest weakness is that I do not understand corporate politics. I believe in fairness and honesty. Surprisingly I came across multiple incidents which proved that I am wrong. I built my strength on my honesty and commitment to tasks. This makes me unique in corporate politics, but they need my expertise.    

Second, how could this information be communicated to organizations through the means of a novel and creative situation wanted ad and how would you go about making your situation wanted ad visible to prospective organizations? With thousands of job seekers in the market, it is very challenging to get one’s resume being picked up for a job through regular means of applying and waiting for response. Searching for a job is full-time work, that requires work on resume, searching jobs, proactively reaching out to recruiters and employers, and continuously preparing. I used LinkedIn to communicate to organizations about my application. Recruiters search LinkedIn for potential candidates. I created my professional profile on LinkedIn explaining my skillsets and expertise. I asked my present and past coworkers to write comments about my work on LinkedIn. I reciprocated to them with similar comments on their profile. I selected the most suitable skillsets and updated my profile every week. This action makes my profile visible to recruiters. I searched for job postings with 80% of matching skillsets, applied to them. Then I searched LinkedIn for recruiters working in those companies and built a network. Contacted those recruiters and told them that I applied for a job in their company. I gave them a couple of days and contacted them again. This worked well and they responded positively and initiated the next steps. When I do not find recruiters, I search on LinkedIn for employees working in the companies and ask them to refer me. This works good too. Building professional network is really important to get a job.