MGMT 448 Week 9: Sesha Atkuru Self Reflection

1. What am I good at? I am good at software development and people management. My special characteristic is that I create ownership culture in my team by removing the barriers between manager, lead and members. Each one of us are equal but we play different roles and have different responsibilities to fulfill. I made this possible by explaining and implementing King Arthur round table management strategy.  

2. What do I value? I value the position, money, and responsibility. The most I value is fulfillment. I feel I fulfilled my responsibility towards my family when they feel happy with what I provide them. Secondary is my position which is personal to me. So, I never worry about what position I am in, I always try to make sure that I earn good amount of money to help my family have a decent living.  

3. How did I get here? I got here because my family supported my crazy and calculated risky decisions. I came from India, changed my professions, took risky decisions, switching employments between different companies at the risk of losing everything and I worked very hard and educated myself every step. I chose Oregon State University as my sons studied there and I lived in Corvallis over 10 years, we treat it as our hometown; this MBA program is to help me to move on to my next position in my career. What went wrong is that I should have started this career journey at least 20 years back. What went right is that at least I started it now.

4. Where am I going? With the current trajectory of my journey, I think I possibly end up in a director position in a corporate world. Director position helps me build larger teams and lead the company to success. This MBA course taught me so much that I can be successful in that position. I feel proud of my personal values and strengths and align them with business values of the company. GM business values and ethics match with my personal values and I feel happy to work there. When there is a mismatch of these values, then I leave that company.