MGMT 448

The last job that I applied for is the current job that I am working. I applied as a hostess at Buffalo Wild Wings. I have always believed that working in the restaurant industry as a server is one of the best ways to make the most amount of money while going to school, paying off loans and current bills. When I applied, I knew that I wouldn’t get the position as a server, since I haven’t had experience in that area at the time. I knew applying for a hostess position would move myself up in the business, and become a server through hard work. I have been a host at a restaurant before, so I knew that I had the skills to be one. I was able to experience good efforts and understandings in the application, having customer service skills and restaurant experience. 

Because of wanting to move up in the restaurant, making more money and to do more hands on serving others, a priority for myself looking into the job was seeing if there was capability for moving up, and/or how long would that process ideally take through being the best, doing great work, and work ethic. Throughout the process, my impression had been positive, being explained that I would move up within 6 months as long as I do good and stay on track. As well as connecting with others that work there, I was able to see the atmosphere during the process by bringing in my resume and seeing that the people working were having a good, positive attitude, while working hard to serve those who were customers. The job description helped my impression as well, explaining the hourly wages included with tips, and how thorough the post was regarding the job that I would be doing.