Big Things Are Happening

This week will be a slow one. In terms of the project, everything is moving onto the final couple steps. We have finished all major functionalities, now it is just a matter of testing and making sure the website is usable. This will be a big endeavor, since the website still looks like it was made in early 2000s.

Aside from that, I just heard back from a company that I applied to, and I got the message that I got accepted. I feel pretty good since this will be the first job where I can have enough money to start paying off my student tuition. I have had always a dream, where I would pay everything off except a penny, and say I owe a penny in student loans. I am also thinking about applying for more jobs as well, since I don’t think one will be enough, maybe part time work.

I have made a promise to myself that even though I got the job that I did, I will still try to do more. I think I might start working on open source projects. One that comes to mind is KDE, a desktop environment for Linux, and one that I am currently using. There are certain aspects of it that I don’t like, and I am thinking of researching and fixing them and hopefully releasing that to the world.

Since I got a job in tech, one of the benefits that I will have is building a PC that is overpowered, and it wouldn’t be considered an impulse/wast of money to buy since it is for “work”. I think I will start on my dream of thousands of Steam games collection. Basically, things are looking up, and hopefully it stays that way. I also dream of working with AI, but reading about it is so boring… That is why I am thinking of skipping the learning and going straight to implementation, and work backwards that way.

Anyway I was all over the place, but that is what happened this week.