A follow-up from the April newsletter–TED talks on ‘finding your purpose’

Hi everyone!

I forgot to include a link to 7 Ted talks about finding/creating purpose. I thought it was incredibly relevant for all of us, of course, but really good things for our upcoming graduates to be thinking about at this point as you take next steps. You can access the Ted Talks here.

I’ve had a thought lately that has been sticking with me. Our ultimate purpose as a faculty and staff isn’t limited to providing an education to our students. It’s ultimately about making a positive impact on the clients and students our students work with now and into the future. That, to me, is inspirational and quite humbling.

What a privilege it is to be able to make potential impacts at this level. And, we all have the capacity and ability to positively impact and shape the learnings and growth of our peers as much as our own. I challenge each of us to view each class or supervision session as such an opportunity! And in doing so, may each of us feel worthy of the patience and empathy we receive and open to providing such kindness and understanding as we continue on this shared journey!