Stress and Personality

After completing the three tests, I was not very surprised at the results. The life stress inventory results showed that in the past year I have had a relatively low amount of life change and low susceptibility to stress-induced health breakdown. Although this is a true statement for the past year, the results would be much different if I was to take this test again in a few months since I will soon be graduating from college, moving cities, and starting a brand new job all at once.

The coping & stress management skills test results showed that my problem-focused coping score was a 59. This means that I am someone who sometimes uses problem-focused strategies in order to cope with stress. This method tends to be handy when the stressor I face is controllable. With that being said, in certain cases, it is a good idea for e to take action in order to modify or take charge of a stressor in order to better cope with it.

The type A personality test results showed that my impatience/ irritability score is a 44. This means that my interactions with others are generally characterized by warmth and tolerance, but are sometimes tinged with impatience and hostility. Because of this, when I am stressed or frustrated I sometimes lash out at others. Even this moderate score may mean that I am at risk because this aspect of the type A behavior pattern can not only ve harmful to relationships but also very damaging to my health.

With all that being said, it will be important to find an organization that will help me be successful by allowing me to be in a position where I can manage my stress.