Beneficial Classes

After reviewing Kirkpatricks four levels of evaluating training, I thought about classes that I have taken in the past and was able to find some that were beneficial and some that were not.

One instance of when a class was especially beneficial was when I took a class on project management. This class was effective because at the start of the term the teacher gave us a sort of quiz/survey to see how much we knew about topics that were going to be covered in the class. Since I had never learned about project management before, I scored fairly low on this assessment. At the end of the term, the teacher gave us the same quiz and I was able to confidently answer all of the questions on it. This proved to me that this teacher was very effective in delivering course material and this class will end up being very beneficial because I now have a job lined up for after graduation being a project manager.

When it comes to classes I have taken that I did not find beneficial, there are unfortunately quite a few that I can think of. A major aspect that all of these classes have in common is that they lacked effective testing to determine what was learned and what wasn’t. Many of these classes were set up where we would go to class and do activities and training that were not relative to what we were being tested on during quizzes and tests. This proved to be very ineffective because the people in these classes, along with myself were not able to produce quality results that showed our learning was effective.

https://canvas.oregonstate.edu/courses/1867421/pages/week-6-learning-materials?module_item_id=22027599