This week…

I can’t believe we’re reaching the midpoint of the course next week. As the saying goes, time flies when you’re having fun! 😊 Here is a quick update on all aspects of my life…

capstone

So far, I am having a great time working with my team on the Capstone project. Our project uses both backend and backend technologies that I’m not too familiar with: Vue.js, Node.js and SQL. I was able to finish setting up some frontend pages using Vue components. I’m currently in the process of finalizing the backend pieces. Although it’s quite challenging, one of my goals this year was to improve my experience with both frontend frameworks and backend technologies. I feel like this project is a great opportunity to learn and improve my knowledge!

internship

Similar to the Capstone project, my internship is also going well! Since the projects I’m working on mainly involve Python, I am seeing a drastic improvement in my Python skills. I really enjoy writing code in the Pythonic way and learning alternate ways to write certain functions. Perhaps this would make for a good future blog post? 🤔 Besides Python, my knowledge of Git and Continuous Integration have improved significantly. Before this internship, I’ve never created a pull request before! I now know how to create pull requests, pull in changes from the master/main and fix merge conflicts. I’ve come a long way…

other fun stuff

Sadly I haven’t had the chance to do many fun things due to juggling school and work. I’ve started reading the Pragmatic Programmer which is highly recommended in the developer community. Another book on my to do list is Atomic Habits, another highly recommended book! I’m hoping to do some reading this weekend! 🤞