Blog Post #3

My significant achievements in this course included learning password hashing for user authentication and understanding the critical role of sessions in managing user interactions. Password hashing is a foundation of secure user login and logout processes. It enables the creation of robust authentication systems without excessive reliance on external software, although certain third-party libraries remain essential. Equally important is the concept of sessions, which are fundamental for a practical user experience in any login/logout scenario.

Through this course, I gained practical skills in implementing these technologies. I explored aspects I had initially overlooked, such as the necessity of public key verification and the advantages of handling authentication on the front-end, which was a shift from my initial approach, and leaned heavily on back-end solutions like Auth0. This deep dive not only broadened my understanding, but also improved my approach to building secure and efficient web applications.