Managing Stress in the Workplace

I learned a few things from these tests I did not know prior to taking it, and I agree with the results partially. The first test I took was how I take action in response to stressful situations. Prior to taking this test, I always thought of myself as a problem solver who focuses on what I can control. This test confirmed that conviction. My test showed that I do well in situations which I can have control on the outcome. However, the results said I do not do well in uncontrollable environments. While I feel this used to be true for me, I have grown to accept what comes and goes which I cannot control. The second test I took was the personality test. I scored a 45 which is pretty bad I think according to this criteria. My summary said I have warmth and tolerance for others, but will also become impatient or hostile. I can understand the impatience that I experienced today when my flight was delayed 3 hours, but I am not hostile to other people unless they provoke me first.

To manage stress in the workplace, it is best understand where the stress is originating from. If I was having work-related stress, I would talk to my employer about what is bothering me and how it is effecting my work. Another good way to reduce stress is to take time to unwind during the day. This is usually a good method for me to reduce burnout. Employers also play a role in reducing stress amongst their employees. Employers should provide resources for their employees to utilize in order to reduce stress.