Topic 1

Andrew Malinowski

Hilton:

“Great Place To Work” provided an amazing video about Hilton and how they handled the pandemic. I found this remarkable that a company that’s industry was basically put on hold for a year still found a way to keep as many employees as possible. While also putting systems in place to help talented employees go and help them in their future career endeavors. was remarkable. I think Hilton showed everyone who kept a job or who was let go that they cared about them and this is something current and past employees are going to be grateful for. I also found it fascinating how strong of a team/family they could build through their training programs and programs that are run for current employees.

Edward Jones:

After reading and watching videos about Edward Jones’s culture I believe they are a living role model of why HR matters. And how the people in that organization react to the policies and systems they put in place for their employees to succeed professionally and personally. Especially regarding health issues during the time of the pandemic. I think the company did a good job applying HRM to the policies that they want the company to run and really hearing what employees want out of working at Edwards Jones.

KPMG LLP:

KPMG was interesting to me as I have a family member that works there and I could provide how a little insight into how they felt they handled COVID. From watching the video that “Great Place To Work” provided I can concur that is how my family member felt. As he felt they changed a lot of the daily systems and ways of communication that made work easier and more enjoyable. He also stated management did a great job communicating about changes happening within the company and what employees could aspect. I think is very valuable to management due to the level of clarity KPMG expressed to their employees which helped them limit uncertainty, especially through the pandemic.

Personal Reflection:

I want to be a manager that working partners can trust from people below me to upper management. My goal in my career is to be a friend to the people I work with while also being the best asset I can to them and what they need from me. I am also very interested in the power of statistics and would like to implement weekly or monthly swot analysis or type of personal test as each individual handles things differently. And I believe knowing your strengths and weaknesses is super important for an organization to succeed. I think it is valuable to be open about your weakness to your team so they can hold you accountable to keep going out of your comfort zone to improve.

Work Cited:

“Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work for® 2020.” Great Place to Work®, https://www.greatplacetowork.com/best-workplaces/100-best/2020.