Blog Post #2

These past few weeks have been very exciting for me and my computer science career. Over the last few months, I have been doing job preparation and applying and interviewing with many companies. I was fortunate enough to be able to receive a job offer at Capital One to be a software engineer after I graduate in June. It was really rewarding to be able to see all the hard work over the past few years pay off. I’m really excited to start and kick off my professional career in Virginia. I can’t wait for the new experiences that come with living in across the country for the first time.

As far as my capstone project goes, it has been a great experience thus far. This is certainly the largest scale project I have worked on from start to finish, so it has been a little overwhelming at times, but I have enjoyed taking the time to dive deep into the planning stages. In previous projects, I have mainly just picked a tech stack and started developing it right away, so this was a different process being able to examine all options and write formal documentation. I am excited about these next steps of getting into development now that we have fully explored our options.