Important Thing I’ve Learned

The topic that I found the most important thing I learned during this course is about discrimination and the laws created to help reduce discrimination. I think most people have ideas about discrimination but not have enough knowledge about the fact that there are laws created to eliminate discrimination and how to avail them. Then there are many that have no idea that there are some legal types of discrimination while others are illegal and how to file a lawsuit against a discriminating organization. To be honest, I myself didn’t know how to handle a situation in which I am discriminated against based on my religion, age, gender, race, or other discriminatory groups. During this course, I learned a lot about many things, especially how to stand for myself if I am facing illegal discrimination. The main thing to know before appealing for a lawsuit is to have the necessary knowledge and to know that whether you are discriminated against illegally or legally since it depends upon the organization size and whether they are eligible to create a plan for removing adverse impact and are they removing the adverse impact or not, then you know which type of discrimination is happening to you and how to file a complaint against the organization. As we learned that within 45 days, we have to inform our organization about the incident and if they do not take any action, then we are to go to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) who will then file a complaint against the organization and if found guilty will charge them with a lawsuit. The great information about this is that the organization does not have the right to fire the person that files a lawsuit against which gives them the opportunity and the confidence to fight against discrimination because many people are afraid of losing their job and because of that fear they do not file a lawsuit against an organization when they are discriminated. I think it is necessary to know your own laws and regulations to stand for yourself rather than to not take any action about it because of it. It will give organizations free hand to discriminate more so it is necessary to take steps and stop discrimination.

1 comment

1. Hi, this is a comment.
    To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
    Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.