Leadership Philosophies

Leadership is building relationships to be able to construct a better product, society, and future. Leadership is a joint relationship between two or more parties where the leader should use many different styles. The best leaders build others confidence and raise others to improve themselves, however others can break their confidence by abusing their power that the followers entrusted in them, by using them for their own benefit.

My philosophy on leadership has evolved over the semester after a lot of introspection. Before this class I knew about certain types of leadership, but I’ve learned about styles like front-line leadership or transformational leadership. Through reading Maxwell’s ‘The Leadership Handbook: 26 Critical Lessons Every Leader Needs’, there are a lot of great lessons. I think through this text and the sources from this class, I’ve realized that I had to reinvestigate myself, take a breath before reacting to improve my reactions, and also taught what not to do…

A good leader in an organization, listens to others, leads by example, and reflects on their failures and successes in order to improve their next decision. A good leader connects, motivates, and improves those around them so they can be better employees and individuals. A good leader is decisive, makes themselves approachable, and manages both themselves and the relationships with those around them.

This entry was posted in Leadership Philosophy. Bookmark the permalink.