Hello world!

If I had to create a program that wrote this, I might still need to Google and do some debugging before it works. It was the first program that I, and probably many other programmers, have written. But even now, at the beginning of the last course in the program that started my programming career, I’ll probably find a unique way to struggle with a task as simple as this. But I also know that I’ll be able to find a way and figure out what I need to get the work done. That is something I learned in the last few years. I learned that despite feeling like an imposter, I must be a pretty darn good imposter to have gotten this far. So for all my fellow imposters out there reading this, I hope I can leave something behind through this blog that can help you be a better imposter.

On a more sincere note, learning to program has blessed me with many opportunities and taught me more about myself than I expected when I got into this field. I originally enrolled in OSU’s Computer Science program because I realized that my original plan to become a Physical Therapist was not what I wanted to do, and I had to quickly find another career. My friends from my hometown were doing it, and I heard that the job and industry were good, so I enrolled in the program and hoped for the best. I didn’t have a passion for programming nor the aptitude for it. I remember struggling with my first assignment deep into the night because I forgot to include a semicolon in one of my lines. It was deeply frustrating, and I wondered what I was getting myself into. But through the little moments of triumph after overcoming hurdles that seemed too high to climb, I began to learn valuable lessons. I was expecting failures in my attempts with the confidence of success in the end. And that mindset transferred into my real life as well. I let myself fail many times in different ways and learned to be okay with my past failures as well. So I am slowly becoming passionate and apt in the world of programming.

Anyways, thanks for coming to my TED talk and I hope you achieve your dreams whatever they may be.

-Jun

One response to “Hello world!”

1. OSU Avatar

Hi, this is a comment.