Capstone Blog Post #1

I chose to go into computer science for multiple reasons. After graduating with a Bachelor’s in Finance and working full time in finance for about 9 months, I realized I did not enjoy what I was doing. I asked myself what are my interests, what do I enjoy reading / learning about, what have I always been intrigued with? The answer became very clear for me: Technology. After exploring different options, I came to the conclusion that the best investment I could make for my future was to go back to school and pursue a Bachelors in Computer Science. I believe having the underlying fundamentals you would get from a degree in Computer Science is extremely important. I am a few months away from graduating, and so far, it has been one of the best decisions I have made. I have learned a lot and continue to learn a lot when it comes to not only computer science, but technology in general. I hope to continue to work towards finishing this program and begin working full-time towards the end of summer.

When it comes to working in groups, I am not worried at all. As a matter of fact, I would say I have enjoyed working in a group the last few times I have had to complete a group project. I believe as long as you are an effective team player and communicator, as well as being paired with people who are also great team players and communicators, the experience is great. You are able to learn more this way, picking other people’s brains, bouncing ideas off one another, and asking for help when you are stuck. I look forward to continue developing my communication skills during this project, and working to come together as a group to complete our goal.