Blog Post #3: Things I’ve learned

Here we are, at the final blog post for CS467. It’s somewhat of a bittersweet feeling as my team and I are nearing the end stages of our development for the Software Programming Quiz. It’s been such a fun journey with planning and developing and learning through the weeks. This is without a doubt the best course I have taken here at OSU.

I don’t think I have learned or tested myself as much I have in this term than any of the other terms. This is thanks to the way that the course is set up and the great help that my team has been. The hands off approach but available for help from our mentor and team is something I’ve enjoyed and this course was just like that. I had use my resources and knowledge to craft my parts of the website. So what did I learn from all of this?

From this term I’ve learned:

• How to use jQuery, Bootstrap and EJS templates, as well as having a great refresher on JavaScript and its frameworks
  • How to navigate better around GitHub and Pull Requests
  • How to communicate with team and ask for help when appropriate
  • How much more I have to learn and practice to become more reliable
  • I am more capable than I give myself credit for, I need to have a little more confidence in myself

In conclusion, thinking back on the past weeks while writing has reminded me what a great experience this has been, in all aspects. But with all great experiences, it eventually comes to an end. With wrapping up this course, it also means wrapping up my journey with the OSU Postbacc CS program as this is my last course left.

Thank you for following me on my journey. Thank you Lorraine, Sheng, and Professor Hedaoo for all the help you have been this term, I’ve been able to grow so much.

The end(?)